Back in April, Linda and I got an email from one Allie’s sorority sisters saying that they were putting a senior memory book together and that all the parents could write a short note to their daughter. Our short note turned into a full blown letter to Allie. Do I act like the type of father that was going to write “We are so proud of you, we love you, congratulations?” Hell no! Why waste a good opportunity to make people laugh, cry and wish they had written something just like this. So (with Allie’s permission), here’s the top 11 moments that Linda and/or I shared with Allie during her 4 years at SU.
In celebration of your graduation, we now present The Top 11 Allie SU Moments (at least those that we were part of):
- August 2007 – The car is loaded and the Berkowitz family officially returns to SU in an academic capacity. In the span of 2 days, the car is reloaded 2 more times (Target, Bed Bath, etc) and your father has the first in what is to become a series of meltdowns over the next 4 years.
- Alumni Weekend 2007 – Dad takes you and Bersch to Wegman’s and spends $346.42 in about 20 minutes. Rumor has it your father mumbles that number in sleeps for several nights.
- January 2008 – We celebrate dad’s 48th at SU. Dinner at Joey’s. He gets his picture taken with “the 8” which gets posted to facebook. All his friends are soooooo jealous.
- Winter 2008 – You’re a TriDelt and we are very proud and happy for you. Your independent streak comes shining through.
- Fall Semester 2009 – You start working for the athletic department and get to hang out with the all the people that dad wishes he could hang out with.
- February 2010 – SU at Georgetown in the Verizon. SU wins, you hold your now infamous “Your Mom is Ho-Ya” sign. Your recap of the whole event is published on thenewshouse.com
- April 15, 2010 – Your 21st birthday and we are there to celebrate with you and your friends. A grand time had by all (and a little too grand for someone who will not be publicly mentioned). Your mom is still trying to figure out exactly what went on with the birthday cake at the after hours party.
- Spring Semester 2010 – You make Dean’s list…and they said it could not be done.
- August 2010 – 1013 Harrison Street here we come. Just like we did, you live at Castle Court (shout out to Annie and Sara). Just awesome (although Mike and Dave are bummed you didn’t get “the apartment”).
- December 2010 – During one of the many snowstorms, you text to let us know that no in the athletic department could get to work except you and that you are now running the place.
- May 15, 2011 – Graduation…so many emotions, so little time. You will laugh, you will cry and everything in-between. We are so happy that you enjoyed the ride, so proud of what you have achieved and how much you have grown, and (this is the most important thing) overjoyed with the relationships that you will take with you forever. We hope that your Syracuse family will serve you as well as ours does to this very day.
With all our love!
Mom and Dad