There was a time when I really liked Mel Gibson. I mean Braveheart is one of my favorite movies, I even have the soundtrack. As far as buddy movies go, hello Riggs and Murtaugh. And Mel always had great leading ladies.
Think about some of the really good movies Mel made back in the 80s and 90s:
- Tequila Sunrise with an oh so hot Michelle Pfeiffer
- Mad Max(es) – loved Tina’s outfit in 3
- Lethal Weapon – 1st one…awesome. 2nd one…not as awesome. 3rd one…hello Rene Russo
- Ransom, Payback, Conspiracy Theory, What Woman Want – all entertaining and some fine leading ladies to boot
- Forever Young – sorry, guilty pleasure and Jamie Lee in a nurses outfit. Nice.
- Signs – a good M Night flick, no ladies but a fellow loon on the rise – Joaquin.
Than Mel started slipping away from us. Passion of the Christ…I get the idea but Aramaic? Really? And if we had only known what was soon to come spewing out of his mouth. Hey Mel…Jesus was Jewish!
Apocalypto…and I thought Aramaic was a bad idea. Never saw this one, doubt I ever will. Sorry to disappoint by being so narrow minded.
Now, the man has just lost it completely. Only headlines he’s making are for being a sexist, a racist, and for berating and threatening the mother of his child. Glad to see we members of the tribe aren’t the ones Mel is picking on these days.
It’s unfortunate that a man with such talent has such demons, or so it appears. Mel, it’s time to get your shit together. If not, I hear Lindsay is looking for a cell mate.